Thursday, June 24, 2010

Belonging....

Lately, I've been trying to search my heart and find a place where I feel like I "belong". It just seems like my heart is somewhere but my body is elsewhere. I have been questioning my mind so much with thoughts like, "Do I really belong here? Is this really what God has for me?". I keep wanting to throw my roots down... but something keeps me from doing so.

While thinking about this tonight... a thought suddenly came to mind. "This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me... to heaven's open door. Lord, I can't feel at home in this world anymore." I think that's my problem. Constantly trying to "feel at home" somewhere. All I have to work on now is wanting to "commit" somewhere without feeling like I don't belong there. I want to do a work for God and I want my heart to be in it. Although... I'm having a problem with putting my "heart" into it if I feel like I don't belong.

Any suggestions? I've never really dealt with this before.

No comments: