Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Conformed or Transformed?

Once again... another issue I see happening.

Change: TO MAKE DIFFERENT, CAUSE A TRANSFORMATION

So many people today claim to have a God in their lives... yet we aren't changed PERMANATELY. How can you say that you live for God... but continue to live as the world lives? Dress as the world dresses? Talk like the world talks? If it is OF THE WORLD it is NOT OF GOD.

Romans 12:2 (KJV) ~ And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

conformed means 1. to give the same shape, outline, or contour to : bring into harmony or accord. 2. to be similar or identical; also : to be in agreement or harmony


transformed means 1 a : to change in composition or structure b :to change the outward form or appearance of c : to change in character or condition : convert

A Southern Baptist preacher named Paul Washer had an incredible message for this. I heard this message about 3 years ago. It still impacts me. In his message he states this,: (@ minute 30:47 on the video)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncEhCvrVgQ

**Preaching at a youth convention***
Bro. Paul: "Let's imagine that I show up late and run up here on the platform. The elders angry at me say,'Bro. Paul don't you appreciate the fact that you are given the opportunity to speak here and you come late?' I say, 'Brothers, you have to forgive me.' Well, Why? 'Well I was out here on the highway, driving, and had a flat tire. I got out to change the tire. While changing the tire the lug nut fell off. I wasn't paying attention that I was on the highway and I ran out; grabbed the lug nut. As I stood up I saw a logging truck going 130 mph about 10 yards in front of me. It ran me over. That's why I am late."

(continuing)"Now, there are only two logical conclusions. Either, I am lying or I am a mad man. Why is that? Because, it is impossible to have an encounter with something as large as a logging truck and not be changed. My question to you is... what is larger... a logging truck... or God?"




Wow... How can we say we've been transformed when our entire COMPOSITION hasn't been changed? When everything about us isn't totally different? The things you did before God changed you are not the things you are going to continue to do after. The things you wore before God are not the things you will continue to wear. The communication you had before God will not be the way you communicate after.

Having God in your life... is a total reformation of everything. You are different. You talk different. You look different.


Now... time to evaluate. Have you conformed or are you transformed?

No comments: